Hours: Up to 5 hours a week
Pay: £8- £12 depending on experience (Contract to be self-employed)
Responsible to: Working group
Manager: Harry Seccombe
Line Manager: Martha Covell technical advisor
- Schedule and confirm appointments for members or supervisors.
- Arrange consultation events and meetings.
- Compose, type, and distribute meeting notes, routine correspondence, and reports
- Open, read, route, answer and distribute incoming emails and other material, and prepare answers to routine enquiries.
- Answer routine emails and liaise with membership secretary
- Distribute consultation material via. Email and other electronic means.
- Mail newsletters, promotional material, and other information via. email and other social media.
- Maintain scheduling and event calendars.
- Greet visitors at consultation events and keep an accurate record of attendees.
- Make copies of correspondence and other printed material
- Establish work procedures and schedules, and keep track of the daily work.
- Learn to operate new office technologies as they are developed and implemented.
- Use computers for spreadsheet, word processing, and database management.
- Manage the Facebook and Twitter accounts and work with technical assistance to ensure that the web site is up to date at all times.
- Upload meeting notes to web site etc.
- Work with volunteers to distribute physical consultation material.
Essential Skills and Effectiveness:
- Demonstrable computer literacy and IT skills.
- Demonstrable communication skills.
- Assertion skills, i.e. able to determine and use behaviour, which is appropriate to the situation, and to exercise tact and diplomacy.
- Self motivated and able to see tasks through to a successful conclusion, meeting challenging deadlines whilst maintaining attention to detail
- Administrative skills, i.e. a thorough organised approach to work with the ability to prioritise and manage workloads
- Contributing successfully to effective team working, in a calm and relaxed manner, with the ability to prioritise workloads to meet deadlines
- Demonstrable commitment to customer/client focus
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, innovation and flexibility in methods of working and achieving outcome.